High Temp?

For those who own a nVidia 86xx series or even 8xxx, how hot are your temps? My 8600GT was performing at 70C (after hours idling; currently 58C) the other day and it's kind of worrying me. I think overall ventilation is not the problem because the system runs average of 30-33C (after hours of being on; currently 28C) , CPU runs at 23-25C (after hours of being on; currently 22C).

CPU temps from Everest/HW Monitor. System temps from HW Monitor. GPU temps from Everest.

Nobody? I looked around and most people have theirs running at mid-40s in idle. One guy said that his problems were with drivers, the fan kept shutting off. What should I do about this? Reinstall drivers and see how it runs? Maybe run an older driver to see if it works better?

my card ran on 60c on idle, 80c on load.
the temps bothered me so i used Rivatuner to do the fan speed, now it runs on 40c on idle, 47c on normal, and 66c on load. i set the fan on where the fan speed will crank up to 100% when it reaches 70c so it never goes beyond that.
and i have the 8800GT Dual Slot edition, its suppose to be cooler than the single slots, but it kind of seems like its about the same.
just do what everybody that has the same problem and use Rivatuner.

There are a couple of guides on Guru3D to help with this, do a search for fan control guides.

It is a little involved but does work.

I used to use RT to do this but now just use Asus Smart Doctor for my Asus vga.

Back
Top Bottom