High Ping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DestructoSpin

Beta member
I cant figure this out. Out of no where for the past 2-3 days my ping has jumped to a constant 100-200. My ping was NEVER this high. Even when nothing is running its somewhere in there. Sometimes i have just Ventrilo running and its around 100+. I get a decent amount of lag when i play games as well. What can be causing this?

What games are you playing that are giving you a high ping time?
How many hosts are on your LAN?
What type of internet service do you have?

Well i mainly play Call of Duty 2

Verizon DSL which my DL is about 1500kbps and my upload around 750

But heres the thing, I had all of this or a looong time and never had any problems. Always had around 20-30 ping when playing COD2 but now even when i have NOTHING running its around 100-200 which i dont understand and nothing has changed as far as i know

Have you tried shutting down the other PC on the network when you are getting the high ping times to assure that it isn't hogging any bandwidth?

Try pinging goolge from a command prompt and see what kind of response times you get...

Have you tried playing other servers in the game, or just one server? It is entirely possible that the high ping times are a result of issues at the far end.

it seems to be any server i go in now. I even tried Americas Army for the **** of it and i get it high there too. And i pinged google and got around 30-45 but when i try anything else its around 100+

Try this.... one of those placed you ping and get 100+ms, perform the following...

-open command window
-type 'tracert DEST'
-copy & paste results here....

the tracert works exactly like ping... so:
'tracert google.com'
'tracert 10.1.1.10'

Just 2 examples (yes, I know the 10 network isn't routable on the net :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom