High i7 Idle Temps.

Remeniz

Fully Optimized
As the title says. And i've done everything I can for now.

As I type this i'm looking at Windows Task Manager and its showing 1%. Then I look at Real Temp 3.00 and the highest temp. is 44'C! My computer ain't doing nothing to warrant a reading that high.

I've re-seated the HSF 6 times now and I just cannot get the temps. down. All this is with an ambient temp. of 23'C.

The HSF base is slightly convex so lapping it will give me maybe 5-6 degrees but still that can't be the cause.

Any help on this appreciated.

what paste are you using.

Thermalright Chill Factor. The stuff that came with the Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme.

Elsewhere i've seen this to be ok as its the load temps that are important, not the idle temps. But i'd like to get those down a bit too.

id plug your HSF into a regular mobo header so that the fan runs MAX all the time, see if that helps, sounds like the header for the HSF isnt working right maybe?

id plug your HSF into a regular mobo header so that the fan runs MAX all the time, see if that helps, sounds like the header for the HSF isnt working right maybe?

No need to change it. I have Smart FAN Control enabled in the BIOS, I like a silent(ish) computer although I should've remembered to dis-arm it. I'll disable it and re-check the temps.

EDIT:

I'm on it first thing in the 'cold' morning. :D

Just to let you know. Theres a setting in the BIOS that lets you set a CPU temperature and when the CPU hits this temperature it beeps. I set this at 70'C. During stress testing today I hit this threshold, I got beeps!, but this was at 90'C in Real Temp although the BIOS setting is 70'C. I'm not getting the beeps at 70'C in Real Temp.

Do you follow me...?

lol ok GL

with it being 30F outside here...i leave the window open because my Computer heats up my room, and even with the window open, it still stays like 70 inside...lmao

No need to change it. I have Smart FAN Control enabled in the BIOS, I like a silent(ish) computer although I should've remembered to dis-arm it. I'll disable it and re-check the temps.

EDIT:

I'm on it first thing in the 'cold' morning. :D

Just to let you know. Theres a setting in the BIOS that lets you set a CPU temperature and when the CPU hits this temperature it beeps. I set this at 70'C. During stress testing today I hit this threshold, I got beeps!, but this was at 90'C in Real Temp although the BIOS setting is 70'C. I'm not getting the beeps at 70'C in Real Temp.

Do you follow me...?

Try something other than Real Temp see if you get the same reading.

I get 40c at idle. 70c with Ultra Kaze working at 1600rpm and 74c at 1000rpm With 1.35v Vcore/Qpi on my i7 920 at 4Ghz. Ambient at 22c

I get 40c at idle. 70c with Ultra Kaze working at 1600rpm and 74c at 1000rpm With 1.35v Vcore/Qpi on my i7 920 at 4Ghz. Ambient at 22c

Yeah this just occured to me as well...

Why are you concerned about 44c idle? Lap that TRUE 120 eXtreme and you'll easily be in the mid 30s... Which is pretty good... Is your CPU overclocked?

Back
Top Bottom