High Grade Video Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler1989

Fully Optimized
I'm not a huge computer gamer so sorry if I sound incompetiant. What is the best video card on the market now if you pay no attention to price. I'm not sure on my brand itself but I know it's a 32 meg vid card but yet I hear some cards are already at the level of a 2 gig vid card. Just how good of a card to people need to play computer games now a days. I'm not looking for brand names exactly I just want to know whats the best and how many megs or gigs it is considered. I seen 128 meg cards for around $180 which were a Gforce but I also searched on the internet and found some $2,000 cards.

256mb GeForce 6800 Ultra

or

256mb ATi x850

The $2000 cards are for people not like us.

I have a high end 6800 GT 256 mb, it costs around $350, the 6800 Ultra is a little more spendy. ATi can compete with the x800XT and x850, both of which are a little more expensive.

the 7800 series will be released or...mega updated by NVIDIA on tuesday, and with that most likley a drop in the price for 6 series cards.

There are so many options and so many things you can get/do.

*edit, you can't really find THE BEST card on the market. Despite what most people think...they are all equal in power.

ummm.....i dont know what u heard, but ur wrong, no offense.

best is a GeForce 6800 Ultra 512MB...though the newest vid cards are coming out very soon, and they will be the best on the market. 7800 and the X900

the Radeon X800/X850 series is good, but they lack PSM 3.0, a vital component

dhw200 said:
ummm.....i dont know what u heard, but ur wrong, no offense.

best is a GeForce 6800 Ultra 512MB...though the newest vid cards are coming out very soon, and they will be the best on the market. 7800 and the X900

It took you about 5 seconds to read that didnt it.

I see, well the Ultra used to be 256mb thanks for the catch.

and I already mentioned 7800 and x900

Ok perhaps I can fantasize what card on this planet would cost you 2000 bucks is it the 2 gig vid cards I heard about?

The ones for $2000 are for 3D rendering....i'm not talking about gaming, but the high powered stuff. They actually don't perform as well in games because games are not optimized for them.

If you buy now, get the 6800 GT. It is the best bang for the buck and will pwn every game out there. The ATI X800 series is okay, but it lacks the shaders for future DX9 games, meaning you will be required to play in DX8, and you don't want that. Also, it sucks in OpenGL. You might as well wait for next gen now though...its right around the corner.

GameGURU said:
It took you about 5 seconds to read that didnt it.

I see, well the Ultra used to be 256mb thanks for the catch.

and I already mentioned 7800 and x900

I was talking about the original post, not urs, sorry. we were typing at the same time, and u hit the post button a little faster. sorry the mix up.

Bee is absolute right. Those cards ($2000 and above) are not meant for casual PC users or gamers. They are most likely workstation graphical solutions.

Also, the X800 is a DX9.0 compliant card but it is not DX9.0c compliant. Instead it is DX9.0b. You will play your games to the extent of DX9.0b but not DX9.0c (SM 3.0 features). I don't know why bee said you will be playing in DX8.0. But he's right that the 6800 GT is the best bang for bug right now for higher end solutions.

dhw200 said:
I was talking about the original post, not urs, sorry. we were typing at the same time, and u hit the post button a little faster. sorry the mix up.

Ok, I was confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom