Hidden partition of 10GB on my Acer PC

lhuser

Golden Master
When I formatted to put XP back, I saw a hidden partition called PQSERVICE. It's formatted under NTFS, but it's hidden. It shows up under Disk management, but it's unpartitioned. Can anyone tell me what this is.?

I thought of that too, but...there's no options in the BIOS. Usually, it does mention a D2D restore for Acer products...well...that's what my lappy has anyways. The BIOS on the main is Award, and it's exclusive for Acer system, so there's nothing there really.

I wonder if I can do a disc restore, so I can get rid of that partition.

Why does acer partition... I have this harddrive from an acer in my build, and it's got like 5 partitions, so many partitions that my main drive is I: where as all my other prebuilt computers (Dell, Gateway, et cetera) are C:

Anyway, when I was installing windows, I see like 3 partitions that are only 3gb, and has like 1kb stored, and when I try to delete, it says "This is an important Windows file, Cannot delete" Or something like that. So maybe when they formatted the PC with the millions of partitions that they love to do, they added a 10gb one, and when you were installing windows (did you try to install windows on it?) the PQSERVICE thing went to there, since it was the smallest one.

I do believe the PQSERVICE partition is for when I installed Vista. When I booted, I had the option to install Vista Premium, in English or French. There wasn't any recovery discs. I do believe that's for the recovery service. That requires you to have the Acer eRecovery software.

Yeah, it probably backs up your operating system for system recovery.

My gateway has that, but it's like 1gb, and its like extension L:

Weird how people don't offer recovery disc anymore :( Sometimes, I enjoyed more the random stuff that came with PCs, TVs and shit and giggles fromt eh hardware bx.

Yeah, acer made me burn my own recovery discs, which didn't work when I decided to recover it :(

If you've bought the Acer in the last thirty days, you can contact Acer and they'll send out a regular Restore CD to you. When one of my managers did it, he was not charged a penny.

Back
Top Bottom