Hiccups

desdichato

Baseband Member
Hi guys,

I am new to gaming particularly the things that you guys are into...but the game I usually play (Trainz) I am having a hassle with that I am hoping someone can help me solve.

The game runs well but periodically it pauses for a few seconds, starts running again for a second, pauses again the starts again, it does this three or four times then runs normally again for a while before having the hiccups again repeating the stop start scenario again.

My Computer runs:
Windows 7 Home
2GB Ram (min)
Ati Raedon HD 4870 x 2 Graphics card
Quad core Q8200 Processor running @2.33Mhz

Can anyone suggest anything that may stop the hiccupping

Thanks

P

I think this is an in game issue as it used to do that with me, have you done all the updates and patches ?

These are the recommended specs and yours way beats these so it should not be a hardware issue.
Recommended Requirements
Windows 98/2000/ME/XP
PIII800Mhz
256Mb RAM
32Mb video card (Geforce equiv.)
Direct X 8.1 or higher
Direct X compatible sound card
8X CD-ROM
56K Modem for Internet access

Have you closed all background applications that could be using the CPU/Memory. for example i keep my outlook running while playing games but i have noticed that outlook uses a lot of memory. Also web explorers use high amounts of memory.

My sugestion is to make sure everything is closed before running the game (open task manager and sort by the most use on CPU and Memory). you could also try running the game on the lowest possible settings to see if that makes a difference. also download and install Fraps which will tell you your frames per second during the game and during these hiccups your having.

Report back with the results.

G'day Arsenalbates,

Thanks for your responce, unless something has come out in the last week or so I have all the updates/patches and the Task manager shows nothing running in the background (which I think is odd)....haven't had a chance to try the Fraps yet....Do you think it could have something to do with the monitors refresh rate?????

if ur playing online or multiplayer check your internet speed, may need an boost in speed. sorry im not familiar with trains so i dont know if its single or multiplayer.

You should have something under "Processes" and it could be the refresh rate however I don't think it is. You could try to go to the game options and check the v sync option. This will make the game use the refresh rate of the monitor and no go above this.

Back
Top Bottom