hibernation problem

passerv

Baseband Member
Hi all,

Having a problem with restarting from hibernation mode recently, it seems to have started after installing an Nvidia 6200 card.

Sometimes all is OK and at other times I have to delete restoration data and do a full restart

Asus A7V333 m/board. 1G (2x512) kingston ram, athlon XP 2000, Windows XP professional (genuine) audigy soundcard, all drivers updated, OS fully up to date, It's just an annoying little problem that occurs now and again.

Any ideas anyone?

Hibernation has never worked well in XP. It normally tends to be down to the BIOS and ACPI, so you might need to update the BIOS. XP only configures ACPI during installation so if it is a BIOS problem then you will need to reinstall the OS aswell.

Thanks Raffaz.

I re-flashed the BIOS last year and so far there has not been any further updates and hibernation worked perfectly until I upgraded the video card.

It started from hibernation this morning without a problem but may not after lunch.

In that case it could be down to the graphics driver on the new card, see if there is an updated one and if your using the latest, then try the previous one.

Problem cured I think.

turned off hibernation did a full restart then re-enabled hibernation, something, somewhere refreshed I suppose

Back
Top Bottom