Hibernation Mode vs Shut Down

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
These two are identical in everyway, where the power shuts down completely unlike Sleep mode (or Standby on older versions of Windows) where the computer is still running but in a low power state.

So my question is, why would you want to use the Shut Down option when Hibernation is obviously the better choice because boot time is instant? Under normal circumstance though. I understand you need to do a clean reboot or shut down for software installtions or configurations and errors that may occur, but besides that, Hibernation seems to be a pretty nice feature.

So which one would you use?

I do it all the time with my laptop because I hate using power from the battery to load Windows. 2 minutes worth of power down the drain....

Even with my desktop now, I still use hibernation because I don't like waiting for the computer to boot. Power on, wait a few seconds and just like that, you are in. No loading time hardly.

Eh, I just shutdown. Rebooting your PC can solve a lot of problems, it's a good thing to do.

If I'm in a rush or need to leave something running, I just lock my PC and shut off the monitor.

I always Shut down. Hibernate takes HDD space. The good thing is that you resume where you left off, and it's stuffed in the drive, not the memory.

But, I prefer complete unloading.

From time to time i use hibernate but after a few days your ram gets clogged up with crap so i prefer to shutdown . I used hibernate when i was working on a big project because it allowed me to keep everything open i was working on and just start off where i left the day before

Looks like the thread starter is the only guy to hibernate, unless it's someone else and he aint voted in his own poll

lol

I shut down, i cant remember my last hibernate

Back
Top Bottom