Hibernating a Desktop pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norcent

Banned
I don't know how to hibernate my computer. I was wondering if it would use more electric then just shutting down the computer too. I don't want to use more electric just to get my computer to hibernate.

Go into control panel, Power Options, go to the hibernate tab and check allow hibernation. Once you have done that. Go start, shutdown, hold shift and the standby button changes to hibernate.

Hibernating the PC does not use any more electricity. Once my PC is hibernated I turn the power off by the plug (over night).

So you mean to tell me that unplugging the computer while its in Hibernating mode it still hibernates? Now thats very sweet thanx man.

one other thing i forgot to add. Do computers really use as much electric when there off and when there on? Unless you unplug them? I was told they do but that doesn't seem right.

Hello,

Nope they don't.

Hibernating saves all active data to the hard drive so that it can be restored when you resume the system (which is why you can unplug the PC from the power outlet).

Booting uses quite a bit of power due to everything is working at full blast. (HDD spinning up uses a lot more than they do just spinning). If you turn your PC on and off every 2 mins than it is more efficient to leave it on. Otherwise it isn't.

I personally leave my PC on all day and hibernated over night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom