Hi not sure where this goes.

Gmcsierra

In Runtime
Frostwire has a share downloaded files in a unshared directory. Does this mean the save folder. It says if you turn it off only files in the share folder will be shared but if it's on all downloads will be shared. I'll paste a paragraph so you can interpret if only the files downloaded from that network or any downloads on your PC

Paragraph posted below

In essence the new download model means the examiner has to be careful in interpreting entries in the library.dat file as explicit user shares since Limewire now makes entries in there for downloaded files if the file is going to a non-shared directory, which by default the ‘My Documents\Limewire\- Saved' directory is. On the other hand anything placed in the ‘Shared' directory in a default install would have been ex- plicitly placed there by the user. There are several variables that the investigator needs to look for in the ‘Limewire.props' file to determine the users' configuration. For sharing down- loads the default destination is specified by the variable:
DIRECTORY_FOR_SAVING_FILES
The user can specify by file type where downloads go and override ‘DIRECTORY_FOR_SAVING_FILES'. In this case the investigator might see the variables:
DIRECTORY_FOR_SAVING_video_FILES DIRECTORY_FOR_SAVING_audio_FILES DIRECTORY_FOR_SAVING_image_FILES
If the user has turned off the option to automatically share downloaded files the variable ‘SHARE_DOWNLOADED_ FILES_IN_NON_SHARED_DIRECTORIES' will be set to false. If this variable is missing or set to true, Limewire will specifically share any downloads.

Geeze man why do you keep asking this same question over and over and over and over and over? All you do is phase it a different way each time.
If you're concerned about some one even having a snowball's chance in a very warm place of getting in to your files, then don't use the bloody software to start with.

I figured it out its for downloaded files only. And I don't use this program or any for that matter. This stuff just kind of interests me for some reason and I like to learn how it works and possibilities.

Back
Top Bottom