Hi. Newb here. Need PC help.

amkeener

Beta member
I have a hp m7250n media center. It keeps shutting off at random times. The light stays on on the front while its shut down. The fan does not run on the power supply while this happens. The light on the back of the power supply turns off as well. I can only get it to turn back on if I toggle the voltage switch and plug and unplug the power cord. After I do this, the green light comes back on and it works until it does it again. The power supply is a hipro. That's all I know about it. Thanks for any help. The only think that has been done to the computer in the past yr is that we ha the hard drive replaced because it crashed. Thanks again,
Adam

First thing always to try when your computer randomly shuts off is to open the case and get all the dust out. Get a air can or a paint brush. Try to get out all the crap right below the fans in that around the heatsinks

Yeah we did that. We had a friend who knows a bit about computers check the temperature. He thought maybe it was overheating. He put a blanket on it for a few days and he couldn't duplicate the problem. He said he believes its the power supply but he can locate a spare to test his theory. He said it may also be the motherboard. I'm trying to figure out what the best thing is to do for it. I don't want to dump a lot of money into it if its still not gonna work. That always sucks. I'm just not sure what to do.

Sincerely,
Adam

Back
Top Bottom