Hi! Need help ASAP!

donetao

Banned
Hi I have MBAM premium. It's blocking a IP address from Liberia. I have no clue what's going on. I have posted this on Techist also.
Any help or advise much appreciated!
Thanks!
Gary!:eek::eek:
197.231.221.0 - 197.231.221.255 is an IP address range owned by Cyberdyne-vpn01 and located in Liberia - select an address below for more details.

Attachments

• Capture48.jpg
    Capture48.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Hi! Bill! Just want to know what's going on and if I need to worry about this!
I have no clue. Is someone trying to hack me?? I got 10, but haven't gotten any more.
This hasn't happen sense the Chinese tried several years ago!!

I get it now, where did it come from right?

My best guess is it's from an installed problem (install any lately?) or websites.

I get it now, where did it come from right?

My best guess is it's from an installed problem (install any lately?) or websites.
Hi Members on Techist say it's nothing to worry about, so I'm not worrying.
Haven't had any more warnings. Got my attention however;)
No I haven't installed any thing lately and haven't been any where except here and Techist!

It was a drive by pinging. They check your defenses to see if they can get in. Any decent anti virus or malware blocker will provide a line of defense and alert you to the event. It's nothing really to get your knickers in a twist about.
Keep your malware and anti virus up to date and you should be "reasonably" secure.

Hi! seti! Thanks! I'm really glad to see you back on CF. I won't worry. Old MBAM keeps on making a hand for me. Wondering what would have happened if MBAM hadn't caught this!
Thanks for your reply!!

Seems odd to me that this wouldn't have been blocked earlier on by the firewall on your router, or the windows firewall. I assume you have both of those in place?

Seems odd to me that this wouldn't have been blocked earlier on by the firewall on your router, or the windows firewall. I assume you have both of those in place?
Hey crazyman! This is above my pay grade. I have windows firewall turned on, but I do not have a clue about the firewall on my router. I'm sure the router is set to default because I did not change any thing. I have seen the 192.168.0.1 in my installation folder, but I have not been there. Do I need to go there and change any thing?? I'm using the default password and the only thing I have done is call Sudden Link and give them the info off my router. I do not know any thing about these things. I do not know if I have the firewall in place on my router??:facepalm: The windows firewall is turned on!
Gary!
Sorry guys! I just don't know these things. Thanks for your help!!

Yes you do. I'm sorry about the knee jerk response about you not knowing how to set up your router. I take a lot of things for granted since they come to me naturally.

Put this in your url slot in your browser. http://192.168.0.1 then press enter.
Look for something like security or admin functions.
You should see a setting to enable the fire wall. It works pretty much autonomously, just has to be turned on.
Make sure when you enable it to click on the save button or it goes back to the default.
There's no logging out just click the red X in the upper right corner. When it sees you're not there any more it goes back to normal run mode.

Back
Top Bottom