Hi im the new guy around here; very important question.

retroTOM192

Beta member
Hi guys, im the new guy around here and i need your help..
I am looking to dual boot my new laptop and have the option to run windows 7 with a decent spaced hard drive divide. I was adamant that 50 megabytes would be suffice but ive been called a retard and i cant seem to see the problem with this.. would any of you guys help me out, what do you think about this? thanks in advance. PS i am a noob here.

Hi and Welcome.

What other os do you plan to use in the dual boot setup?
I don't get what you are saying about 50mb. pleace clear it out for me. To me it sounds like you want to create a partition with 50mb and put Windows 7 on it. Hopefully that is not the case.

Hi thanks for the speedy reply, Yes that is correct a partition with 50mb and then put windows 7 on that. Why wouldnt that sound attractive? a super quick OS sharing my 8GB ram with very little storage affecting my main boot. My friend has already done it with 85mb and it runs flawlessly, but my other friends are calling me a retard i dont know why.

Hello & Welcome to CF. Is dual booting your OS's a must or can you run the other OS in a virtual machine software such as Virtualbox. Doing it in VirtualBox takes the hassle of partitions away and doesn't mess with the host's settings.

Are you sure you don't mean 50GB and not 50MB? Win 7 minimum requirements state 16GB disk space for 32-bit and 20GB for 64-bit.

Yeah i hope you mean GB and not MB. You can barely even put DSL on a 50MB partition. (DSL is one of the smallest Linux distributions)

From what the OP is saying, it will work. I have done it before.

50 GB Is a small amount of space to offer an OS, but it WILL work. Do not allow those people to insult you like they do. If you are still watching this thread, I am even willing to teach you how to pull it off.

Dont let people hurt you, and tell you that you cannot do somthing. If somthing is not possible, then people who actually know what they are doing will be able to tell you why, and would never insult you.

Back
Top Bottom