Hi, I'm Dero

dero1

Beta member
Just a Canuck from Ottawa, Canada, trying to solve the age old question...
WHY meeeeeeeeeeee?
lol

I'm running an IMac from the Late 2009 2 TB hard drive, plus a 4TB external drive and a 1 TB drive for my Time Machine.
I JUST upgraded to Mac OS Sierra 10.12 on Friday, and so far it has been nothing but grief, if it keeps up like this I might just roll back to El Capitan, where it was ok...
But my question to the gods of the punters and schtuff.
I am using this 16 GB Lexar stick(one of many) that has been pretty good to me so far, but just today, I emptied it and my Mac comfirmed that is was w/o files had 15.32 GB available, so I took it and went to another computer which is running Windows 10 to get some movies off of it, but it said that I only had 196 MB available on that stick, it did confirm that the stick was empty, so why the discrepancy? Has anybody else have this happen to them ?
Yes I did go back on the IMac and checked the properties of the stick and it did say that it had 15.32 GB then back on the PC and it did say 196MB.

Wazzzzzzup wit that?

That's really weird..Any ways here is something you can try. Here is a link showing you how to show hidden files. Follow the instructions below, then search your 16 GB Lexar stick, to see if you can see the files on there.

How to Show Hidden Files in Windows 10

Hope that helps..

Thanks mr mixx, BUT that was NOT the "fix me answer", I think it (the stick) has out-lived it's life. Unless there are OTHER things to be tried.
Once again mr mixx thanks for the suggestion.

*you an audio tech?

Sorry Dero, that my suggestion didn't help. It was the only thing I could think of at the moment.

If you think you're USB stick is going on ya, you could always just buy another one. They are really cheap in price. I just picked me a 64 gig USB 3 stick for 12 bucks at Walmart.

As to you're question, no i'm not a music tech. A long time ago when I was young I used to be a DJ. :)

Could be the stick has died but go into "disk management" (Win 10) and see what that is telling you with reference to partitions etc that are on that stick. If it is showing that the disk has become partitioned it could be that there is a hidden partition there. In disk manager you should be able to delete any partitions and reformat the drive. Be careful in disk manager though. It shows all your drives and it is very very easy to format the wrong drive. I know from bitter experience and I have just spent the last 3 days trying to recover files from a 3 Tb hdd that I inadverdantly formatted.

Back
Top Bottom