Hi, I am new here!

Hey Brookfield I told you it is my friends acount know drop it your just trying to start trouble like aalways. And, you`ll try to ban me for this because you dont like me. It is my friends acount okay, if you want me to go in details about it go ahead but that is about all you need to know.

Internet Protocol, it identifies people by their username, & you & Wario's are identical, now I'd like to know in your own words why this is, there might be an innocent explanation, whatever it is, once again please tell me then we may be able to clear this up & get on with our lives, thank you.

First of all, you had a double post earlier.

Secondly, I will be sueing you for damage due to me snorting my coffee all over my keyboard in disbelief and shock at the sheer invalidity and nonsense of your above post.

Internet Protocol? Identifies people by their username? Those Computing for Seniors books are of a seriously bad quality. It is this belief that any single IP address match leads to a previously banned member that really makes this forum seem poor in the way it is run. I managed roughly one week before getting pounced upon for apparently being a previously banned member because somebody dredged up an IP address match to a machine I was using, which was not even mine, from possibly years ago.

Allow me to outline some scenarios for you:

1) "Wario" is friends with a member of this forum and saw the site at the same friend's house. He decides to sign up there and then and post an introductory thread and, would you believe it? Two members with the same IP address, yes, let us accuse the whole world of having multiple accounts and ban everyone without any consultation and for no purpose other than lame, sad, satisfaction for those with no lives. Apparently his friend is forbidden from welcoming him as well, well where is that in David Lindon's site rules?

2) "Wario" simply uses the same Internet Service Provider (ISP), and I suppose this is also forbidden. Dynamically assigned IP addresses are recycled around the ISP's customers via a reassignment algorithm, which usually occurs about every twenty-four hours or so. It is entirely possible that the two members do not even know each other, although Dudemcbob0876 has told you the real story. Also I will re-iterate my previous point; these dynamically assigned addresses are the culprits behind the constant accusations of new members having been previously banned.

I should wonder that David Lindon may find it a better idea to simply close sign-ups to this forum altogether, seeing as half your members are apparently either owners of multiple accounts or previously banned (or at least you say so).

I have given you a straight explanation for this, so has Dudemcbob0876. I fully expect that you will ignore both and do whatever you like anyway.

Probably to get another post, and maybe just Welcome him!

Don't jump to conclusions..

Lay off of Brook a little. He gave you a chance. He is just doing his job. I am sure he will understand the situation.

Maurice, you got the IP meaning wrong. It's like when you walk in the streets. The streets are the net and he IP is your name and face. The IP is just a 4 numbered tag that describes who you are on the net. In the real life, the streets represent the name and yourself represent the IP. Easy.

Thanks for your concern Marc, so why did he welcome Wario knowing he had the same IP??
Becuase it's Dudemcbob0876's friend. He join when he slet over his house. Seems very logical.

Hey Brookfield I told you it is my friends acount know drop it your just trying to start trouble like aalways. And, you`ll try to ban me for this because you dont like me. It is my friends acount okay, if you want me to go in details about it go ahead but that is about all you need to know.

Maurice doesn't hate you, he just wanted to know why.

Back
Top Bottom