Hi, I am Jack

Linth0

Beta member
Hello there, my name is Jack - as the title states. Im new to this sort of thing and computers in general. When I run video games on my pc they seem to run rather poorly.. Would anybody be able to identify the worst part of my pc so I can upgrade it or provide tips to improve operation standards? Thank you.

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

I have attached the dxdiag of my pc

No prob, I'm always forgetting to attach things, even at work lol

The main weak point of your PC is the Nvidia 8600GT graphics card. You may well find that removing the card and using the integrated graphics will give you slightly better performance as the AMD APUs aren't too bad performance-wise and the 8600GT is an aged card.

The CPU, RAM are adequate, and though the CPU isn't amazing you should get decent performance in modern games.

If you look at buying something upwards of an Nvidia GTX750Ti you will notice an absolute world of difference in gaming performance.

I'm with Joe on the graphics card. That is an oldy moldy blast from the past.
The EVGA GTX product line is very cost effective. I have the GTX650ti and have been giving the 750ti the eye. Either one will serve you well. And a good bang for the buck.

Your page file is rather large at 7.1gigs with almost 5gigs of that in use. That's a lot of page file hits. I would investigate what's going in the page file and see about reducing the size or disable it altogether. With 8gigs of ram there's not much need for it. Besides calling for data from the ram is a lot faster than calling for it from the page file. I only have 6 on my laptop and disabled the page file. While it does use a little more ram the speed pick up was well worth it. Besides less wear and tear on the drive itself.

Back
Top Bottom