Hi, help with laptops, and desktop graphic cards.

slayerfanx55

Beta member
I've been having problems with my laptop

Satellite L305-S5941

I think it might be the hard drive. Anyways, I'm gonna upgrade it to this and would like to know if it is compatible with my laptop. And if there's anything else I'd need.

Western Digital - Scorpio 320GB Internal SATA Hard Drive for Laptops - WDBABD3200ANC-NRSN

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm also considering buying a desktop for gaming.

HP - Pavilion Slimline Desktop / AMD Phenomâ„¢ II Processor / 4GB Memory / 750GB Hard Drive - s5730y

Is the graphic card good enough to run games such as COD MW2, Black Ops, Etc. on at least mid settings without a problem at all, or should I upgrade to this:

PNY - GeForce 210 1GB DDR2 PCI Express 2.0 Graphics Card - VCGG2101XPB

Is that one good enough to rune MW2 on mid-high settings with no problems? I also read something about getting a different power supply. Please let me know of everything I need.

First off, yes, that hard drive is all you'll need, any brackets or anything that is on the old hard drive you'll just remove and replace them on the new hard drive.

Second, if you are thinking of getting a gaming desktop, you are better off building one rather than buying a prebuilt one. That HP is onboard graphics I think, there's no sense buying a brand new pc and then upgrading the video card right away.

Thanks for the reply.

How exactly would I go about building my own? I'm 16 and don't exactly have money for an alien ware or anything that high end. I just want to run COD comfortably on high settings .

Back
Top Bottom