Hi Everybody

Wartung

Baseband Member
Hey listen I'm somewhat new to the IT world. I've been playing games since as long as I can remember and I've always been into the internet, graphics editing and that.

Recently, I've got a job in an IT kind of environment working with computers, though it's mostly pretty basic stuff. I've also had a laptop forever even though I knew PC's were much more reliable and practical. Well, my current laptop is about to crap out, useless and expensive piece of scrap metal. Thus, I have been thinking about getting my first PC, but not just getting a PC, I am building one.

This idea got kind of underway the day my boss decided to hook me up with his old tower. I've got the power supply as well and a motherboard, though I doubt I'll use it. Basically, I need to do some research and learn about the different kinds of parts, video cards, motherboards etc.

I'm also using friends to do my research, I've got enough resources between the internet, my own reading and them to make a good decision, so I'm hoping. One of the first things my friend explained to me was the different kinds of towers, I need to first find out if I have full or mid. The tower my boss gave me is still at work I haven't brought it home and I keep forgetting to check. I have a feeling it's full, but if it isn't that's not a big deal. I'm probably going to buy some cheap parts and put a cheap one together just to fool around. I was just looking on Kijiji and they have some motherboards and video cards for 10-20 bucks. Though I plan to eventually build some sort of supercomputer, right now, as I said, my laptop is crapping out and I just want to throw together something fast so that I have something. After that I can acquire some better parts more slowly over time and eventually build myself something I can be proud of.

And so, there's my introduction, a little bout about my computer history and situation. This seems like a nice board. I have a feeling there are going to be the right kinds of people to answer my questions judging by filling out the profile on registration. Asking me questions about my computer that I don't even know the answer to, like what kind of fan I have. That's why I came here, so that I can find out stuff like that. I want to know what kind of fan I have in my computer.

Thanks for reading my post and I look forward to meeting some people.

Back
Top Bottom