Hey!

KomputerKid

Beta member
Hey there, my name is KomputerKid. I am a fan of computer technology, and games. I use Windows 8.1 with plans to upgrade to Windows 10.

In addition, I have been on a few other technology related sites, but I'm not going to share any links. I'm 18 years old, have a youtube channel that is small but growing, and I am interested in IT. I work at subway at the moment as a dishwasher however.

Last edited by a moderator:
HeyKomputer Kid! Every thing is a one way up from dishwasher. I've been there.
I'm 77 and I'll share all my links! LOL At least you're working.
Good for you! Life ain't easy, but that's all we have!!
Gary!

Welcome to the forum, plenty of useful advice and info around here if you're looking to move into technology as a career, are you studying towards anything at the moment? :D

Welcome to Techist :) What sort of tech interests you?

Mostly computer tech. I've got a premade ASUS PC that I have done some upgrades too. I've added in a PCI-e 1x USB 3.0 card, and I plan to install a dedicated GPU very soon. I don't need anything TOO fancy. At this point the only Intensive game I own is Cities: Skylines, and with my current HD 4600, it's just not cutting it for that game. But the rest of the games I own run on the HD 4600 with no problem. Most of the other games I own are either 90s-mid late 2000s, and work fine without the HD 4600.

My game library is essentially as follows:

The Sims Complete Collection
The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection (Freebie on origin last year.)
Battlefield 3 (Installed, but won't run)
Cities: Skylines (Installed, runs but is very laggy and slow due to integrated graphics)
SPORE
RCT 1-3
Minecraft
Team Fortress 2
Borderlands (Both original and 2)
A few other RTSes and FPS games.

I just installed Windows 10 this morning (It's now 1:56 AM on July 30th PDT) and it runs perfectly fine for me. If you're on the fence about it, I'd recommend it. Just be sure to disable some things on a checklist on reddit. Also, I would boycott Cortana until it supports Google, Yahoo, and other search engines. If enough of us refuse to use Cortana until they add support for other search engines, Microsoft will have to bow to consumer pressure, at least you would hope.

Welcome to the Forums. I'm an IT guy myself, and found my way here shortly after getting this job. There are a lot of good folks round these parts!

Back
Top Bottom