hey man i have this problem?

chico

Baseband Member
hey man i have this problem. u know my computer fan is not fully srew to the clip on the mother board so i want to take my computer apart and connect a different fan .well after i connect my computer togetherdo i have to reinstall everyng ,and i dont want to take it to a professional beacause they charge to much and they dont do a good jod.

What kind of computer fan? CPU fan? GPU fan? Case fans? Since you're talking about clip on the motherboard, I'm assuming it's the heatsink/fan for the CPU?

yyeah man its the heatsink/fan for the CPU.is there a easier way to fix other than removing the motherboard? im gussing no but that wats r the questins for right?so to remove the mobo from my case do i have to discinnect all the wires or can i leave some wires hook on.and if something goes wrong can i get ur number to tell ur mom?jk

Here's what I would do. I would see what kind of CPU I have and look for a new aftermarket cooler for it. You will need to take the old heatsink with the fan on it, off of the CPU. You may have to clean the surface of the CPU if it has leftover thermal compound on there. If there is none on there, then don't worry about it. CPU don't really need thermal compound to work. I recently opened up a heatsink at work and to my surprise, no thermal layer. Wow, blew me away.

You don't have to remove the motherboard. Too much work. Just tilt the PC on it's side and work with it from there. You can remove the RAM if you want for more room.

No they dont make much noise, way quiter than fans...I noticed that the water cooling you picked doesnt have a gpu block you should def get a gpu block if your going to water cool your system. Since the cpu and gpu are the main things that are giving off heat..Overall yeah i dont see anything wrong with that water cooling system

You mean you have an Athlon64 3000+ CPU? That motherboard is pretty nice. I would never recommend water cooling, unless you're the type of person that want to overclock your CPU and GPU like mad and know what you are doing. Traditional air cooling is fine for most of us here. This seems to be the best:

ZALMAN CNPS7700-CU 120mm 2 Ball Cooling Fan with Copper Heatsink - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835118115

dam man this sucks!!! i was thinking of buying that water cooling system from ebay to keep my Athlon64 3000+ nice and cool as in cold. so if u recomend water cooling for overcloker what do recomend for gamers?
yeah man the cooling system that i picked from ebay it only ass a cpu block because thats me main conser right now .
hey im monitoring my cpu temp in the tast master and right now im happy with the temp sometimes my cpu temp is 80% and im only surfing the net .is ther another program like task master to monitor my cpu temp?

Back
Top Bottom