Hey everyone, could use some advice

Ratbear

Beta member
My friends computer recently got a trojan on it...hes going to pay me to clear it out...And seeing as how ive seen this done before i was wondering if i did this would there be any chance of compromising my hard drive in the process...basically what im going to be doing is Taking his HDD and hooking it up as a slave on my comp, and then running all the proper programs to clean up his HDD, so my question is...Will my computer be safe during this process IE:is it possible for his trojan to jump over to my HDD as well as any other viruses he has on his HDD...

Thanks for the help,

Charles

PS:I know this is probably a noob question but, better safe then sorry...

Ratbear

Beta member
Gary Graefen said:
If you have a secure viral scanner in place your system should be fine-Ive done this many times.

Now by viral scanner you mean virus scanner right? sorry for the horribly noobish questions...but it took me three months before i could build my new system...due to getting sold nothing but bunk parts from random computer places...so yeah you mean virus scanner?

~mr mixx~

The Candyman
yeah, what ever he prefers, there are lot's of anti-virus program's out there....i was just giving an example.

FuRgy

BSOD
Hehe...How much is he paying you...Might try it sometime, but not to my mates, just people i hate....which gives me another idea....
could go put a virus on their computer and then get them to pay me to remove it!