Hey, computer pros, I need your opinion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1st the processor is a quad core and the other one is a single/dual im not sure

Honestly... its kind of a toss-up.

The HP is probably better as it stands. The integrated graphics on the AMD chip are much better than the Intel, and performance-wise they are comparable unless you are doing something that will utilize 4 cores (file compression, video encoding, rendering, etc...) in which case the HP is again better.
(source | source)

That being said, the upgrade path is probably much better with the Lenovo.
The Intel G620 is socket 1155, which has a great selection of higher-end processors available.

I Agree with roark with upgrading in the future but if your not upgrading hp is the better option

Both of these computers are prebuilts which means you cannot overclock them.

Both computers have a 1TB drive, card reader, and a one year warranty.

The HP comes with 6GB of RAM, expandable to 16GB; The Lenovo comes with 6GB, expandable to 8GB. Winner = HP

The HP has a quad that does its own graphics so it probably like a tri-core when it is gaming; The Lenovo has a dual core and an onboard chip that the CPU has to run for graphics. Winner = HP

The HP has abuilt-in wireless; The Lenovo does not have onboard wireless. Winner = HP

The HP has six USB2.0 and two USB3.0 ports; The Lenovo has six USB2.0 ports. Winner = HP

If it were me I would go with the HP. You can always upgrade the PSU and graphics later to make it a more powerful game machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom