hey, computer forum.

~Darkseeker~

Fully Optimized
howdy.

wannabe-computer guru here, from the UK. Taking double GCSE/BTEC in ICT and doing BTECL3 (A-Level) ICT next year. going onto computer college hopefully, then if all goes well, into a job at a high level corporation like Apple, Intel or Microsoft.

Been around computers all my life, love 'em to bits. This forum seems cool, just thought id introduce myself to y'all.

peace :D

Welcome aboard. What kind of field are you looking to work in at the big 3? And where abouts in the UK are you?

in hitchin, got a nice easy train route into london from here if needs be.

as for fields, ive always been grudgingly disappointed by the customer service at microsoft, id like to be responsible for helping to eliminate that problem. but other than that, developement perhaps.

I'm just thinking, some of the jobs would be more orientated in a computing qualification (the how it works) than an IT (the how it's applied) area. But you seem to have a good foundation built. I'm UK too but i don't know 'Hitchin', where abouts is that?

Hertfordshire, not far north of london.

near Luton, the dodgiest place i go on a regular basis.

My BTECL3 course covers the practical elements aswell, then hopefully in college im going to follow my dad and do a Comp TIA+ course. His was on 98/2000, i hope when i do a similar course, its been updated.

ive used 2000 once, and i dont remember ever having used 98.

I remember 2000, gosh golly, what a bummer that was, 98SE was a dream by comparison.
And yea, luton (in my experience...........) Not great :p

yeah, i go there pretty regularly, alot of my friends (including one guy whos a bit of a tech guru) and my girlfriend live there.

anyway, any trends on this forum i should be aware of?

i remember, on alot of forums, repetitive posting of lolcats was 'cool'.

As of late, try not to post in the wrong section. Try to post constructive comments and not just "lol", "lmfao", "idk", etc.

posting constructive comments on a forum should be a no-brainer shouldnt it.

dont get why people think 'idk' is a valid reponse to a question, i mean, why even post that :S.

on a light note, ive been sifting through a few threads, and i like this forum, alot of useful stuff here.

Back
Top Bottom