here's something enlightening...diet related

Status
Not open for further replies.
bull.

i don't believe this EXCUSE for one minute. is it any wonder why some enormously fat person can make that excuse, that it's in their genes, but when they get their stomach stapled they lose all the weight?

if you're fat, you EAT TO MUCH and don't exercise.

people need to start taking credit for the situations they're in and stop passing the buck.

Its not bull. Theres people who have very very slow metabolisims. Im one of them. Im not obese though, and i do work out and exercise and all that. In basic training i went from 226 down to 187..i was in the best shape ever!!

It is possible for a large person to lose the weight, but the larger they are...the harder it is for them to do the same type of of work out that someone who weighs 100 pounds less does.

The true disorder of obesity has nothing to do with overeating...basically when they eat, the body stores too much fat. They eat the same, but store more fat than the average person. Why do you think some people are extremely skinny? Theyre the extreme opposite, the metabolism runs very fast so they store less.

Its genetics.

I'm one of those that doesn't believe in the fat genetics thing ;)

you can have slow or fast metabolism, but nothing that makes you fat

this is akin to sumo athletes, who have to train and overeat to obtain the mass that they have, and like how pigs are not actually fat but are fed a certain way for a certain composition

so even if it may be harder for xxx to lose weight vs xxx, there is no gene that proactively makes a person fat

also like hawaiians or samoans who are heavy, but only the ones who consume excessive carbs and fats (poi and coconut)

^^^

Well, you are quite wrong about some of that my friend. Obesity is a genetic disorder. A guy whos big because he stuffs his face and overeats isnt obese, he's a fat**** who needs to stop eating.

But then again, someone whos always hungry cant stop eating cant they? They are full, but they dont get that impulse that tells them "hey, im full so i need to stop eating" so they keep eating, hence the overeating issue, and storing of more food and carbs than the body can utilize. And carbs are turned into fat!!!

I know **** well that i have a slow meatbolisim. Anyone whos taken anatomy knows that theres three body types (ectomorphic, endomorphic, and mesomorphic)

but You are right about tongan/samoan people, theres a lot of tongans here in the dallas area, and theyre not really obese, just have a large body mass.

bull.

i don't believe this EXCUSE for one minute. is it any wonder why some enormously fat person can make that excuse, that it's in their genes, but when they get their stomach stapled they lose all the weight?

if you're fat, you EAT TO MUCH and don't exercise.

people need to start taking credit for the situations they're in and stop passing the buck.

Ehh I agree to an extent. There are SOME people out there who this truly does apply to. I personally know somebody like this who's been going to the gym for years, eats salads every day for lunch at work, constantly eating fruits, drinking water, etc... and they don't drop weight as I would if I were to go on a diet like that.

However, majority of the obese population does apply to what you said. A lot of people fall back on the "It's my genes. Why bother?" excuse when in actuality, you're more than likely able to make a difference.

I know a guy who's very large, and his one son is large too. Yet his other son started working out when he was in high school, and now that he's 27, he's still retaining a GREAT shape with a steady workout and hardcore diet.

It can be done. It's just some people may have an extremely difficult time that requires willpower and patience, whereas others can get on the bike for 30 minutes and drop 3 pounds like it's cake.

Never know.

The article at the outset qotes percentages that dont add up, I've seen that before, and it almost always is an attempt to inflate an issue.Ill rely on some things Ive observed.

There is less daily labour to function in scociety, more of a consumer market for food, fast food has taken the place of resturuants,I can see it creating more obesity. These egsamples get pointed out and ridiculed; marketing has set a presedent that no amount of fast food can, especialy for girls, many people are obsessed with there looks, that means being thin. it also means clothes, style, stature, reputation, at its heart, your being looked down on for not raising the bar and if your overwieght, ignored.

As for the gene thing, its very rare, if you think your over wieght because you cant lose it, I hope you have tried for at least a year of diet and wieght training,
you wont get a serious response otherwise.

you got some funky spelling there yosa

:D

and I believe I can turn anyone who thinks they have fat genetics 180...

easy! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom