Helpdesk software

Status
Not open for further replies.

superdave1984

Repeat Offender
Looking for a free helpdesk software that doesn't require SQL or anything like that. I don't want to have to set up a web server either. I have looked at SpiceWorks and a couple others, but I'm not sold on any. I have searched Google for hours now and am getting brain damage from all of it.
What do you guys use or can you suggest any others? Free is preferred of course, but reasonable (less than $100) is also fine. I just need something that I can put a link on our intranet site and it brings up a form for the user to fill out, generates a unique ticket number and sends me an email. Some sort of tracking for the tickets would be nice also to keep track of how long it took to get problems resolved. Or corporation uses a system that quite frankly sucks. And I am a one man operation here so their system really would be a bad choice because it is designed for multiple IT staff.

Looks interesting. I sent them an email to see how it will work with Novell. I may have to see if it could be installed without some features or something. Corporate would never go for the outside hosted version.

OK, installed SysAid on my PC. How do I link it to our intranet page so users can click a link and submit a request? Do I need to move the whole thing to the inetpub directory?

When you add users to SysAid, it will send them an email with a link to login and submit a ticket. I make a shortcut on their desktop, makes it easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom