Help!

Bex1811

Beta member
Hi
Please someone help. I recently tried to restore my dell laptop to a dated restore point but during the process it failed to reboot and now when I turn it on it send like everything has been wiped.
When I switch on I get the error recovery mode which asks me to choose safe mode or start Windows normally but neither work?
I have tried the F8 options to repair but nothing works. I have also bought a restore repair/recovery disc but nothing works I don't know what else to try.

Hi. First off if you have wiped it then there isn't a lot that you can do to retrieve your personal files. At the risk of annoying people again I am going to say this. Back up back up and back up again. Anyway if you haven't made backups there is software that might retreive some of your files but I wouldn't hold out much hope. The operating system and the installed programs are incidental. These can all be reinstalled your personal files cannot. Right having got that out of the way we need to know what version of Windows you are, or were, using and what model of Dell computer you have. All Dell laptops have a recovery partition but the way it is accessed can be different between models. Of course if you do a full recovery or "factory reset" as Dell calls it this will wipe all your personal files and any software you have put on since buying the laptop. A factory reset will put the computer back to how it was when you bought it. What Biker Echo has posted would be the way to go but if you cannot boot into Windows that isn't an option.

Back
Top Bottom