Help

X1337

Fully Optimized
My friend downloaded VNC server, well she has a routor, and when I type the IP in it says that it cant connect to the host. So what should I do?, shes not that good with computers so what should I tell her to do to make me connect to VNC on her computer

Tommy Boy said:
Did she give you the right IP? She may have given you the IP of her computer on the network, and not the main IP. Tell her to go to http://www.ipchicken.com and give you the IP that shows up there.

yea, but shes behind a routor so how do I get the real IP and not the routor IP to connect to her computer on VNC

open up a command window and type in "ipconfig" without the quotation marks, your ip is the one that says "ip address" when your done type exit to close the window

hascet said:
open up a command window and type in "ipconfig" without the quotation marks, your ip is the one that says "ip address" when your done type exit to close the window

Will this help connect to her PC if I find the real IP?

Yes it will....she may not have been giving you the right IP address. She may have to disable her firewall too.

Back
Top Bottom