Help!!!!!!

Eryk

Beta member
Okay, I have a Comptuer Problem. Dont' feel like Bringin' it in to a computer shop if it's somethin' I can do myself and cost nothin'...

My mom has this digital camera and it comes with this program, like all cameras. Called "Ulead Photo Explorer 8 SE basic"

We had it installed on our computer for a while. And for some reason I wanted to uninstall it because it wasn't functioning properly.

so it was in the process of uninstallin'.. And Before it began I clicked "Cancell" for whatever reason.

Now this is the fucked up part. If I try to uninstall it agian it says:
"Installer has detected another version of photo explorer. Please uninstall that version and Try agian"
But that's the only version I have on this computer..

NOW if I try to Install it agian, It says the exact same thing!

My question is, How do I Wipe the whole program off my computer so I can install it agian?!

I've tried to go to Control Panel>Add/remove Programs. and Delete it that way, Won't let me, Brings up same dialog box.

so please help?! any suggestions..

I am taking this from a post on the ulead forums with a person that is having the same exact problem.

Clean up all files in C:\Documents and Settings\[UserName]\Local Settings\Temp folder.

1) Launch Windows Explorer and go to "Tools > Folder Options > View" to check "show hidden files and folders".
2) Empty contents of your Temp folder under C:\Windows\Temp
3) Uninstall Photo Explorer from control panel Add/Remove programs if possible.
4) Go to "C:\Program Files\Ulead Systems" and delete Photo Explorer folder.
5) Go to "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information" and delete the following folders if they are present: {D271DAE0-8D68-4C97-8356-A126D48A1D8C}
6) Click Start > Run and then type "regedit", click OK.
7) Delete the following: - Under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\,please delete {D271DAE0-8D68-4C97-8356-A126D48A1D8C}
- Under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Ulead Systems\, please delete Ulead Photo Explorer folder
- Under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Ulead Systems\, please delete Ulead Photo Explorer folder
8) Close regedit and then restart your computer.
9) Install PhotoExplorer 8.5

Be sure to logon as Administrator before installing your software to avoid restrictions. Please restart your PC after installation.To avoid the unnecessary conflict, please temporarily turn off all running applications including antivirus and other utilities.

Hope that helps you!

It all worked for you? If so your welcome. I've been running into a lot of problems like that lately with different programs. However, for future reference, dont ever just go into the registry deleting random things. That could ruin your computer and cause you to have to reformat it. Same with deleting random files from your harddrive. If you already know this sorry, I just hate seeing ppl have to go through all that trouble of reformating because of one small file being deleted.

Back
Top Bottom