help with xp performance edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

spenser2k9

Solid State Member
hi there
i am currently having trouble with my acer extensa e210 computer.
at first i got a blue screen with the error code "stop 0x00000050 and i got told from a friend that i should re-install xp. which was okay but i didnt have a xp setup disk, so i looked into this and found out that i could re-install xp from my i836 folder with a file called "winnt32.exe". so i reinstalled a fressh copy of xp on my second hard drive. whiched went alright until it came up with an error saying missing files and when i looked into this on a friends pc i was told to ignore these so i did. the fresh copy of xp worked fine until it froze whilst installing windows live messenger , so i turned my pc of with the power button on the front and turned it back on and it came up with a blue screen shortly after logging on. this time the error message "stop c000021a" appeard and the pc will not get past logging on even in safe mode.
so i thought one last thing was to download the xp performance edition march 2009.
i have done everything it told me to do.

Install Notes:
1. Burn the ISO using a program such as IMGBurn, Nero, Alcohol 120, Blindwrite, ect... (Burn at a slow Speed to ensure no errors, 1x-4x)
2. Change Bios Priority settings so it boots from the CD-ROM Drive First. (You may be able to skip this step)
3. Insert Disc and Reboot PC, Follow the on screen prompts and enjoy.

i am burning the xppe.iso file with imgburn and it wouldnt burn until i put the speed upto 8x.
so i tried to install from the disk by changin the bios settings and it then comes up with a black screen saying "to boot from disc press any key" . so i press everykey possible and it just stays on this screen.

so i am wondering if anybody out there could point me in the right direction as i am totaly lost.
the files in the downloaded folder are :
xppe.iso
xppe.sfv
readme.txt
changelog.txt
serial.txt
xplogo.png

sorry about any spelling mistakes
any help would be appreciated .
many thanks in advance
spenser

XP Performance Edition is not a legit edition of Windows XP. XP only came in Home and Pro editions. So this can only be a hacked up version and there is no way we can give support for it. Sorry.

oh sorry
i didnt no that it wasnt a legit version of windows.
is there anything else i could do instead of using that then

cheers

You will have to find a disk for your system. If it is a pre-made see if one of your friends has a disk that you can use to install. Maybe contact the vendor see if there is anyway you can get a disk.

Thre are quite a few of the modded XP's out there.. if you are using one with out your own legit serial/key then it is illigal.. but most of those are modded versions of XP pro and if you have a real XP pro key it will work with the mod version XP. ( I have a friend that buys XP pro keys by the dozen because he has his own version of XP that he puts on all the recording studios that he builds) but if your license key is OEM it won't work, you might be able to find an ISO of the version your key is for. what was the original version you were using and is the license key on the side of your tower?

Thre are quite a few of the modded XP's out there.. if you are using one with out your own legit serial/key then it is illigal.. but most of those are modded versions of XP pro and if you have a real XP pro key it will work with the mod version XP. ( I have a friend that buys XP pro keys by the dozen because he has his own version of XP that he puts on all the recording studios that he builds) but if your license key is OEM it won't work, you might be able to find an ISO of the version your key is for. what was the original version you were using and is the license key on the side of your tower?

oem works for every non corperate version of xp except retail. of course home won't work for pro and vice versa

thanks to everyone that replyed to me.

Mak213
i will be ringing acer up later this afternoon. thank you for the advice.

hampton
yes i have a legit serial for my xp.
i was using windows xp pro and there is a key and the tower.

ericb
i didnt understand that , sorry but could you put it in simpler terms.

thanks to you all
spenser

If Acer is unable to comply there are other things that can be done. But they are extreme measures. Let us know what they say.

It sounds like you have an OEM for XP pro, which means your machine has a full license to have a copy of XP pro, so somhow you need to pick up a XP pro CD or download an ISO and burn it to a cd using ImgBurn. then enter the key thats on the side of your case during install, but if you download corporate version as EricB pointed out your key wont work. so make sure that your image or CD is XP pro.

oem works for every non corperate version of xp except retail. of course home won't work for pro and vice versa

but with that said he is just limited to the XP Pro OEM install CD?

thanks to everyone that replyed to me.

Mak213
i will be ringing acer up later this afternoon. thank you for the advice.

hampton
yes i have a legit serial for my xp.
i was using windows xp pro and there is a key and the tower.

ericb
i didnt understand that , sorry but could you put it in simpler terms.

thanks to you all
spenser

there are a lot of different xp pro cds out that. you oem serial should work on most of them except retail and and corperate

http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/many-versions-xp-188450/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom