Help with wiping Hard Drive?

Conrad13

Beta member
Alright so basically I am running on my parents computer right now, and It is really slow as it only has about 880MB free of the total 15gigs.. and this is on the C: drive which contains all of the programs and correct me if I am wrong.. it also contains the OS.
So basically my worry is that if I do wipe the hard drive... will it wipe the OS and the computer will not be able to start and I will not be able to run system recovery via the CD's included?
Any tips would be helpful, this is basically what I need answered in a nutshell:
- Can I wipe my C:/ Program HDD
- If I do/can, can it be done safely
- If it is safe... and if i wipe it, and turn my comp on will CMOS run and will I be able to start windows recovery to re-install windows os??
Thank You Very Much!, Anyone with confidence in their ideas please leave your two cents!!!
:Thanx:

Try running some cleanup programs first. If you wipe the drive you will lose everything on it.
Ccleaner > Download CCleaner 3.16.1666 - FileHippo.com Put a check in everything except wipe free space. Run the reg and internet cleaners over and over till it comes up empty handed.
FindJunkFiles > Find Junk Files 3.0 - Download.com Make sure to only select the C: drive.
Auslogic Defragger > Download Auslogics Disk Defrag for free Run just the defrag first time. When the computer is not going to be used for several hours run the defrag with optimize.
Auslogic reg cleaner > Download Auslogics Registry Cleaner for free Follow the prompts to run this. It makes backups of the reg so if something goes wrong you can restore the reg back to where it was.
Otherwise go in the control panel to add/remove programs and dump what is not used any more.
But before you do anything, create a restore point. Just in case.

Back
Top Bottom