help with Windows 10 upgrade please.

Hello pete.i. I did spot your last post above but I have tried to revert back to Windows 7 but it won't let me. It says that I need to contact the device manufacturer but I would prefer to use the recovery disks but, as I say, on inserting the first disk I thought that it would auto run but it doesn't and neither is there a file on the disk that would run anything if I click on it. That is why I started the other thread, in the hope that someone had done the procedure before. I seem to be stuck now.

Update to my last post. I have 3 recovery disks for my laptop and, I have now found another one called AppDrv 1 and this one has enabled me to get the laptop back to its original factory settings.

Thank you to all who have offered help with my problems.

You can download Windows 7 from the media center as long as that number you have is valid. Try that and reinstall a clean copy of Win 7 then register it and then do the Win 10 upgrade.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows7

As I have said though if it all falls down then you will have to ring or email Microsoft and that is a nightmare in itself.

---------- Post added at 11:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

Ah okay crossposted.

Back
Top Bottom