help with win7 32bit secuirty essential manual update

splendid_12

Beta member
hi,

I am having problem running .exe file on windows 7 32bit OS. I use to download and update Microsoft security essential and similar updates (mpam-fe.exe ) manually and now it does not seem to work.
I have few computers with windows 7 32-bit which are not connected to the internet and I had to manually update these security definitions. I use to deploy these updates to multiple computers with “PQ deployment” but now it does not seem to work. I also tried updating these updates manually (i mean executing these files manually on each comp) but it the file would not run, when I right click and hit “run as administrator” the file does not seem to run.
I have full admin privilege and also the right version (32bit) of the updates but for some reason it does not execute and neither can i deploy these updates anymore with PQ deployment program. I also tried “ Microsoft Fix it” but no luck and the funny thing is that all the computers are behaving in the same way so I doubted that there is something wrong with the OS it has to be something else but not sure

Have anyone experience similar problem? Please if someone could give me some suggestion would really appreciate it.

rgds

So...they don't have any Windows Updates at all? Are they even on SP1? IMO, you should focus on applying Windows Updates to them (either via WSUS or manually applying patches) before worrying about MSE.

Back
Top Bottom