? Help with tha mac ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CThomte7

Baseband Member
I just bought an iMac g5 and i was wondering...

What are the programs to format it to run like Windows XP its not that i like windows :-\ its just that i really want to play counter-strike...

and if i did format my computer to an xp would it be eligable to all the viruses and adaware .. ?!? please post im lost without cs i need help!

- Me

THERE IS NO WAY THAT YOU CAN NATIVELY RUN WINDOWS ON A MAC.
Period.

You can buy a copy of Virtual PC for Mac from Microsoft which well let you run Windows on your Mac (thru Mac OS X, it's an emulator), but graphics capabilities are limited at best, so I don't recommend this.

As stated above you should beable to emulate windows with virtual pc (under emulated windows 98 2000 or xp) and beable to play counter-strike at about 15fps average in software rendering.

waynejkruse10 said:
Just scab a old PC from the tip and put CS on that, it doesnt need much.

If CS doesn't need much, he could run it in Virtual PC when he wants to play...

Yes, you actually can get viruses/spyware/adware/other-malware in Virtual PC, but they will stick within virtual PC and won't affect the rest of your machine...if you don't browse the internet at all within Virtual PC you should be fine.

Anyhow, on the Counter-Strike FAQ, they explain the following reason for a lack of a Mac port at this time:

Why isn't there a Mac version of Counter-Strike?
A Mac version of Counter-Strike hinges on Valve Software porting Half-Life to the Mac. Their planned Mac port fell through. Thus, there will not be a Mac CS version (atleast not in the near future). In other words, the possitility of a Mac port isn't up to us.

You could run CS on a mac using VPC, but the emulation software emulates a Trident integrated graphics system with 16MB shared, so I dont think youd be getting the best performance in the world, but it would certainly run. However I would not suggest trying CS source.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom