Help with random PC freezes

Sadly, I am still experiencing frequent locks despite installing all the stuff and event viewer log being o.k Anything else I should try?

hmmmmmmmmm, run windows update and see if it detects any new hardware drivers under the "hardware optional" section after it scans, if so download and install them

O.K I'll try that and let you know how it comes out. Thanks again. Regards, Ljupco

I think the only thing left is process of elimination, all the hardware from your fomer PC that you moved to this one you're going to have to change out one at a time to determine which one is bad, is there anyone you could barrow a mouse/KB and monitor from for a day? The optical drives are simple, just take one out, use one, if that doesnt fix it swap them. You get the idea, also you may want to try to replace the IDE cable on the drives, and double check your jumper settings. Also check your system information Start>all programs>accessories>system tools>system information>hardware resources, check conflict/sharing and forced hardware

Back
Top Bottom