Help with RAM

bizkit_boy

Beta member
Hi evryone, just wondering if someone would be able to help me
I have an old AMD Athlon 1.1ghz PC with 256 SD RAM and WIN XP, i just added another 256 SD RAM and now its saying that i only have 320MB SD RAM.
Im 90% sure its its the correct RAM.

Ive tried swapping the RAM around and seeing wat happens and the computer basically frezez on start up. Also tried using just the new one and it does the same thing. Please help ???

could we have the specs of your ram speed. And because of your computer being a little bit older it might be sharing the ram and would show that as only 320. Does it always freeze up. And do you mean just goes glitchy or actually freezes up. Make sure your motherboard can support that much ram because it's older as well. You can probably check that on the manufacturers website or download everst home edition (google that and you'll find the download). And it will tell you the motherboards name. I hope this gives you a good start.

Yeah ive check all the specs on the motherboard. it can hold up to 768MB and has 3x168-pin DIMM Sockets and supports up to 256mb Modules.
The RAM im using is at the moment is 2x256 SDRAM modules at 133mhz (well somethin like that).

When the computer just starts loading up it frezez. Just locks up. Happens when it detects the RAM on the startup page.

Hmm, looks like you bought faulty ram, and only some of the chips on the RAM module are working, since there are around 4 chips on one module that makes up the amount. If these don't work together, then it'll just crash :(

So just try exchanging that RAM and try again :)

Back
Top Bottom