help with RAM upgrade

keag

Baseband Member
i currently have 4gb(2x2GB) of Corsair TW3X4G1600C9D and i'm thinking of getting another 4gb. So i went back to scan.co.uk to buy 2 more sticks but its now called CMP4GX3M2A1600C9. the specs are exactly the same only the new one says new connector on it and i'm not sure what that means.

would this new 4gb of ram work fine with my current 4gb of ram? or would i have to buy 4 of the new sticks to get to 8gb

any help would be great

what are you using your computer for? unless you're rendering a whole ton or doing 3d animation then you no need for more than 4GB

i'm into my home music recording. its starting to get a bit bogged down with so many multiple tracks running so i figured twice the ram would give me twice the number of audio tracks

what processor do you have? I'd say that 8 might be a bit too much, I know that remeniz is into recording music and hes doing just fine with 6.

amd phenom 2 quad 3.2GHZ. it only laggs wen i exceed 15 tracks, but its still anoying

is it a custom built computer? if it is then you could try overclocking the processor a bit and see if it helps

yes, i built it a while back. i usually OC when i'm gaming but i'll give it a go on a large cubase file now. i'll let you know

Look at your hard drive activity light when things start to slow down. If it's blinking a lot, then you need RAM. If not, then RAM won't do anything for you.

Back
Top Bottom