Help with powercfg /requests (no info on service name)

Vacuumfan7072

In Runtime
I've been noticing that sometimes my computer doesn't want to automatically go into sleep mode, and sometimes when I do so manually it causes a BSOD.

I'm not particularly having this issue at the moment, but I went ahead and ran "powercfg /requests" and see a Windefend service there. (screenshot attached)

I looked up "Windefend power management" in Google and found absolutely nothing, so I decided to post here and see if there was anyone that knew. Any help would be appreciated. (I'll run the command again when I notice that my computer is staying on)

Attachments

• Screenshot-12-04-2016-09-15-36 AM.png
    Screenshot-12-04-2016-09-15-36 AM.png
    50.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Alright, I found out that Discord is one thing keeping my computer from sleeping. And FL Studio is a reason as well. But I'm still curious about this service that I've not any information on.

Update: Apparently some virtual MIDI port drivers are keeping my computer awake and I can't really get rid of them. So that answers that. :|
However the fact that I have no information on "Windefend power management" still confuses me

windefend sounds like Windows Defender to me. Maybe try disabling that and see if it disappears from the powercfg list. Blue screen issue sounds driver related most likely.

Back
Top Bottom