help with pci express 2.0

scpy15

Baseband Member
hey guys im new here so i dont know if i posted in right spot but... i need help with my graphics card and motherboard.. i have a gigabyte x38 chipset ds4 with f4F bios. for some reason my gtx260 wont run in cpi express 2.0 mode.. if i look at gpu-z it says its running at pci express 1.1. if you guys can help me figure out to run it at pci express 2.0 that would be very helpful.

Gigabyte says the board supports PCI-E 2.0 spec on both of it's slots for CrossFire.

Have you configured your BIOS to accommodate your hardware, yet?
Most have the option to disable 2.0 spec or force cards to run under 1.0/1.1 spec.

ive tried looking through the bios cannot find anything for pci-e 2.0 looked everywhere... any ideas?

I've never dealt with any GigaByte boards so I can't say what to look under. GPU-Z could be wrong...Are you you up to date on GPU-Z?

i also looked at 3dmark vantage and it says 1.0 verison. so i really dont know. i dont think gpu-z is wrong.. and yes i think i downloaded the latest one.

Clear CMOS on your board. Perhaps this will revert any PCI-E setting that may have been altered for worse.

i wouldnt mind but id hate to reset bios settings... i will try but before i do any other ideas case that would be the last thing to do.

Search your BIOS thoroughly for ANYTHING relating to the PCI-E interface. Make sure your ref clocks are at 100MHz.

i did it has like nothing... i can show you the .pdf file that shows what the bios has... and its set to auto which defaults to 100....

Back
Top Bottom