Help With Parts List Please

alblil

Baseband Member
I am new on these forums, so first off let me say hi..."Hi". Now my reason for posting.

My mother is giving me about $2,000 to spend on computer parts so I can build a computer. I do not know computers internals very well so I am asking for some help. Things that I do want are listed below:

-19" flat LCD monitors (X2) <for extended desktop settings>
-1 GB of RAM <minimum>
-80GB Hard Drive + 40GB Hard Drive
-USB (4 ports)
-Firewire (1 port)
-DVD <with burning abilities>
-CD <with burning abilites>
-<I will pick the case myself, but if you have any suggestions I would like to hear it, I like blue lights myself and a veiwing window, and a case that stands upright>

Everything else like a motherboard and the processor etc...just keep in mind speed, speed!
Lastly, I dont know what kind of monitors to get for I am not familear with LCDs but I do a lot of video stuff and I make websites so somthing really good. (I trust your judgment and I hope im not asking a lot).

I should also add that I do a lot of 3D work as well, so keep that in mind too. "Gotta play Battlefield 2 :)" THIS IS IN AMERICAN DOLLARS, US MONEY

Thanks Much,
Aaron

Updates

ATTENTION:

i do not know which is better AMD or INTEL, somthing that is compatable with lots of stuff and remember speed!

my plans for computer
-3D stuff with Lightwave 8.0, poser, bryce, etc
-Website design
-Photoshop CS
-Battlefield 2 (w00t!)
-Ilustrator CS
-Half Life 2 moding

yes i am using newegg.com for buying the parts

well then you will want an AMD. They are sweet in Photoshop and web production, and you want ot game so AMD it is!

Back
Top Bottom