Help with new PC decision

helmettt

Beta member
Hello,

This is the setup I am considering purchasing. I don't play pc games (only xbox) or do any 3d rendering or anything. I use my pc mainly for the internet and business (quickbooks, office, etc.). To give you an idea of my needs, I am just now growing out of my P3 500, 192mb ram, 6gb hard drive laptop.

I would like some opinions on this new setup. Will it be considerably faster? Is this a good motherboard that is easy to add upgrades in the future, including graphics cards? Should I go with an AMD? Any other advice or concerns would be greatly appreciated. To me this system seems to be a big step up for a great price. Am I wrong?

Thanks. Setup is below.

Intel P4 2.26GHz 533MHz 478pin 512K Retail

P4/CELERON CPU FAN

MB PCCHIPS M963G V.3.0

256MB PC-3200 DDR400 32X64

30GB IDE ATA133 7200rpm Hard Drive

Mitsumi / SONY 1.44 Floppy Drive

CD-RW 52x24x52

he said he's gonna use it for internet and business.
He doesn't need a 2.8 Ghz pentium 4 with a water cooler. Did u not read the part where he siad he doesn't play computer games?

when did browsing the internet, and using quickbook, office, etc require a 2.8 Ghz processor. Much less a water cooling set up.

and yes, that site isn't the greatest. Get yourself a nice little dell my friend.

They are now selling 400sc's 2.8 ghz Pentium 4 for only 349 dollars. Originally the processor is a 2.4 celeron, but dell is giving a free upgrade to that processor at the moment. So you might as well take the free processor, lol. it has only 128 mb of memory though, so ur gonna hav to go to newegg or some place and buy another stick of 128, which is very very cheap.

i'm not sure how much u were plannin to spend though. tell us ur budget

perhaps you should go with a athlon xp barton 2500+ 333FSB 512 l2 Cache. only 90 dollars. dat should be more than enough for what you will do. You will see an improvement.

nice dell. ha! <randomly dissing companies>

and intels are avalible upon request.

our systems arent very loud at all!

i think you should go with the amd athlon xp...i personally think amd is better bcuz it can process more in one clock cycle than the p4, and the cpu fan is way more quiet than the p4's :) one more thing. if you have an old computer that has a 1.44mb floppy, just salvage the old one and youll save a couple bucks :p (thats what i did:))

never get a pc chips motherboard. BLAH! other than that you should be fine with internet and such.

Dont get a Pcchips M/b, the make of cpu is irelevent with the type work your doing. Do go for 512Mb of ram, with all the anti-virus, Anti spyware etc you need to have running, the more ram the better.

well it is true that there are dell computer systems with thier cpus melting onto the heat sinks from overheating. also when my finacee was working there three systems he built overheated so bad that they started to smoke!

Back
Top Bottom