Help with new build.

imguessingur

Baseband Member
Ok, Long story short, I bought the following parts...

MSI K8n Neo4 Socket 939
AMD X2 4200+ 939
Corsair XMS 1GB(2x512)
BFG Geforce 6800GT OC
Xcilo Goodpower 500w PSU
Seagate 200GB SATA

Any who, I put it all together, turn it on, nothing, turns out the motherboard was bad, thank god for warranty's. I get a brand new board(same model) approximately 2 weeks later. This board works. Now, it's only reading my hard drive as IDE 4th Master. So I get a little pissed after pulling my hair out about it, and drop it off at a dad's friends house, he's a network engineer. He trys, and brings it to his buddy's shop and that builds computers locally, and the both decide its another bad board... I found this hard to believe because well, MSI isnt exactly a low quality board manufacture. So I send back because well, its still under warrenty. Get the new one back yesterday, assembled it today, same fucking problem. Is my hard drive bad or is this something simple I'm overlooking?

Are you sure you have the hard drive IDE cable plug into the "SYSTEM" IDE controller and not the Secondary controller - for CD-ROMs

No, but I did realized that I have 2 IDE ports and 4 SATA ports on the board, IDE1, IDE2, SATA1, 2, 3, 4. So I guess it makes since that its reading it as IDE 4th.

well as long as you have the IDE hard drive pluged into IDE 1 you could close your eyes when you start up the computer :D

Back
Top Bottom