Help with my monitor

SASSoldier

Baseband Member
Right so i just got my new monitor, A Proview 19" Widesrceen and i love it! But for some reason, windows wont let me set the resolution any higher then 1280x1024 even though the monitors max resi is 1440x900. Id just like to know how to set it higher as it looks funny in 1280x1024 so im using 1152x864 as that looks pretty good. Also, what would be the ideal resolution to set my 360 to for this monitor?
Monitor----> http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pr...angid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10070266&catid=22334

If you go into Advanced, depending on your Video card make, somewhere there should be an option to define the highest resoloution.

If you find it, and set the new one, you should be able to set it the standard way.

As for the 360, just plug it up and test it.

Your monitor surprisingly, should allow for the 1080i option, which is the highest the console allows :)

Well I think it may be my video card (Radeon 7000, yes it blows) it gives me no option to change the max resolution. And the 360 lets me set a wide range of resolutions, up to 1440x900.

Wow, I didn't think the Xbox360 outputed at... Ah yeah :p

Sorry, I was getting the resoloutions mixed up. Your monitor can't reach the maximum 1080i, sorry.
I was thinking it was the first figure, but its the second that defines 720/1080

As for the Radeon 7000, I can't think why it wouldn't go any higher than that.

Well its odd, you know how there is 2 options in the settings for 2 monitors? Well the second one lets me set it waaaaay up there, but thats for a 2nd monitor, so how could i switch to that one? As for the 360, from what ive heard, 720p and 1080i look the same as 720p is progressive.

You must be missing something in that case. I'm sure somewhere, there will be a setting for the maxiumum the monitor can support.

Also make sure that the hz in frequency is set low enough to go that high. You may find, you have to have the monitor at 60hz for example to get to that resoloution, when you'd normally run at 75hz or something.

Keep checking. I'm pretty sure the ATI drivers are all the same, and so I'm pretty sure theres a setting that reads:

Maximum resoloution for monitor, or something in between.

Plus, if the second monitor suggests that. Is it possible you can switch them around by dragging the mouse over the picture of the 2 and get th eone you have now to have the maximum amount?

Back
Top Bottom