Help with mobo

hard drives might be recognized, but as you said you're not booting. Might be because it sees you're using a different mobo ... not the one listed in it's registry.

There's been times when I have successfully and unsuccessfully swapped hard drives with OS already installed from one machine to another. Sometimes it works ... other times it doesn't.

ive had a thought unusual i know but i have only got the basics here at work in my system not all the usual pci cards etc ,what are normally in the system. maybe the win xp does not recognize this system anymore. maybe worth a try to put everything back to where it was and give it another try
ive changer mobo before but never had all these problems im begining to wish i had left it alone but i would rather upgrade than buy a new one.

If you can't boot after changing a motherboard out you will have to just reload. I have to change out HD's and mobo's all the time at work and almost all the time I have to reload the HD because it will not boot.

Maybe the mobo isn't compatible with your other hardware devices are you sure all the cables are in the right places and sockets and slots and stuff like that.

Im up and running and i did have to reload windows.All is ok
Thanks guys for all your help i know if ive got a problem theres always someone to help you here.But i have learned that no matter how expierenced you are with these things sometimes you need a little help.
Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom