help with keyboard

cheagavara

Beta member
hi, I have a logtech keyboard and mouse, everything was fine until my cat ran across the keyboard and it became locked. I know it is still working because the function keys still work (home, calculator etc) and as a test I plugged another Logitech keyboard and mouse in (removed first one) with their dongle and exactly the same, mouse works, function keys work but cant type any words or numbers. so plugged first keyboard and mouse into another windows 7 computer and they work fine.....my assumption is that the cat has set some sort of function to lock the keyboard, smart cat but not smart enough to un lock it any help would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:
perhaps also worth mentioning is that all the other function's work, for example I can open a word doc with the mouse, launch browser and open outlook but I cant type letters or numbers in any application.....only the function keys have any effect

tried restarting, removed all HID devices and still the same even in safe mode. have now restored to a month ago and all is fine even though drivers and updates etc are the same as yesterday

Back
Top Bottom