help with internet set up

brad3314

Beta member
Hi i don't know a great deal about the technical side of computers so it would be great to get some help

i recently got a new computer and just transferred everything from the old over to the new one i have a speed touch 530 modem i thought it would be as simple as just hooking it up and the net would run.

i tried looking for the modem software disc but have had no luck finding it.
Then i downloaded the software but now it is asking for a password to connect and it never used to ask on the old computer so now I'm stuck so can anyone please point me in the right direction.

Hi i don't know a great deal about the technical side of computers so it would be great to get some help

i recently got a new computer and just transferred everything from the old over to the new one i have a speed touch 530 modem i thought it would be as simple as just hooking it up and the net would run.

i tried looking for the modem software disc but have had no luck finding it.
Then i downloaded the software but now it is asking for a password to connect and it never used to ask on the old computer so now I'm stuck so can anyone please point me in the right direction.

who is your internet provider? DSL service requires a username and password. Your modem is new so there isn't a username and password programmed into it. You need a username and password from your DSL provider to make your modem work.

service provider is telstra and the modem is old as i said it was connected the old computer and working fine and i have no idea what the password was

If the modem works with an old PC but not with the new PC then there is nothing wrong with your modem's setting.

What is your network IP and default gateway information? You can find that by clicking on your network icon on the lower right.

I think there might be a problem with the connection between your new PC and the modem.

If it is the Modem that is locking you out, it may be the default username and password. Something like User:Admin Password:(blank) or password

Back
Top Bottom