help with HD

chumbing

Beta member
hey everyone just wanted to know how to install my HD its my second time building and i dont know what part of the hard drive it is and what i need to power it. I already have the sata cables in i just need to know what this part is. Thanks in advance guys ! Here is the link to the picture

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Image... 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

it is the third picture, just want to know how to power my HD and what the eight pins are supposed to be, the one with the 2 by four rows. thanks guys

the power for the HD is the connector on the far left side of the HD. The connector to the left of this is for data and the 8 pins next to that is for jumper settings but unless you need to reduce the transfer speed you do not need to do anything with that. I hope that answers your problem.

Hello chumbing Welcome to CF!

You guessed it! The actually 7pin data cable plugs in next to the 15pin power connector as seen in the 3rd photo there.

When following the power connectors coming from the supply look for the 15pin thin and wide connector like the one here.

jjpqar.jpg

You already found the 7pin data cable that plugs in next to it.

23wu3dj.jpg

The opening with 8 bare pins is left as it is since that is only used for setting a specific mode such as seen in server cases. Your concern is only with the two data and power cables used for the typical desktop appication. :)

Back
Top Bottom