help with getting a job.

asoe209

BSOD
Is there any way of getting a job or trainee job in pc repair etc with only a C&G level one course under my belt.
level 1 covered

About the course: This course provides the knowledge and skills needed to install, maintain and troubleshoot software and hardware, and the opportunity to develop the necessary interpersonal skills to work with customers.

Course content:
Service and support for PCs and peripherals
Installation and maintenance of PC equipment, systems and software
Customer skills for IT services
Health and safety
Functional skills – English, Maths
im going to do the level to in september this year.

I got a job with absolutely zero credentials to my name. Walked in told them I taught myself how to build/repair computers and had a job the next day for a year and 3 months. Now I'm partnering with another local company PC911 www.pc911kansas.com www.lampllc.com and am probably going to be in charge of online sales/ custom computer building. Again, no certifications and the owner himself told me he'd rather me not have certifications. This company has had an office for 1 week and has the interest of investors for a data center we will host and manage from with 56 tons of air conditioning equipment, COX, ATT and Verizon all have hundreds of 48GB/s connections available to us in our building.

Certifications aren't everything, almost every IT job I go to they actually look down upon certifications because they have their own ways of fixing problems, businesses usually want to train you themselves.

Would your company have branches anywhere else? I really do need a job. Would they have any connections they can hook me up with in Maryland?

Yeah I think you stand a good chance getting a job with a course like that,with some support roles you can start with virtually no qualifications since employers realized most people are self taught these days anyway

Would your company have branches anywhere else? I really do need a job. Would they have any connections they can hook me up with in Maryland?

No idea yet man, they've had an office for 1 week, they're quite literally just getting their feet of the ground. They just caught my attention with the investors they have currently lined up.

Is there any way of getting a job or trainee job in pc repair etc with only a C&G level one course under my belt.
level 1 covered

About the course: This course provides the knowledge and skills needed to install, maintain and troubleshoot software and hardware, and the opportunity to develop the necessary interpersonal skills to work with customers.

Course content:
Service and support for PCs and peripherals
Installation and maintenance of PC equipment, systems and software
Customer skills for IT services
Health and safety
Functional skills – English, Maths
im going to do the level to in september this year.
Go and inquire about a job from whatever place you are thinking of. The worst they can do is say no.

Back
Top Bottom