Help with FSB on mobo

Ditka

Beta member
Hello,

I have an emachine t3256, amd Athlon xp 3200+ at 2.2 ghz, ati raedon x800xl and i just added 2 512 sticks of pc 3200 400mhz ram. The Mobo is a au31 rated as high as 400mhz for the fsb. the cpu also has the same fsb. however the memory is recgonized as only pc 2700. what can i do?

Thanks,

Ditka

Hmm, try going into BIOS (Dell at bootup) and check that its set as high as it can go.

A Dell machine, the Desktop Dimension 3000 is stuck at 2700 also though, and doesn't seem like it can be increased, even though it does contain PC3200 RAM like yours.

If you can't increase it in BIOS, its just another fact that pre-bult machines aren't always the best, since the motherboards in them are hardly up to scratch, and are only fitted, JUST to perform with the components :(

Oh :( I'm afraid it's probably been limited to that then. Stupid cheap motherboard eh?

I guess you could replace it if you really wanted to. A cheap one online would probably be much better than the one you have.

I would say to overclock, but the motherboard will be so bad, it wouldn't allow for any anyway, so I'm afraid with the one you have, your stuck with the way it is...

Back
Top Bottom