Help with a Pentium 4 2.8 Heatsink Removal

ziploc

Beta member
Hey whats up guys. I was wondering if any of you could help me remove my stock heat sink from a Pentium 2.8E proccy. I have a ASUS P4P800-E deluxe mitherboard.

Thanks in advance

yeah i got a better heatsink for it since i have a prescott trying to reduce the heat with a thermaltake heatsink. I did put it on myself i just cant get that thing off.

Sometimes you have to push down on the lever lock then use a small screwdriver to push the bracket off the shoulder it is locked on.

i just had the same problem with mine. i just yanked it hard and it poped off without braking. just make sure the screw things are in the open position

Yo...

Leave the cpu retainer clip in the locked position. Release the heatsink retainers clips and give the HS a slight clock then counterclock wise twist. Don't get too rough. As you feel it coming loose increase the motion. when you have done this several times give the HS a gentle tug up from the chip. If it doesn't come loose just go back to the twisting motions some more and try again.
Don't just snatch the heatsink up or you may damage the cpu chip itself.

Worked perfectly, and since put the new hs/fan its running at 37 C wow what an improvement thanks guys!

Back
Top Bottom