yeah but it doesnt work....
my motherboard is a MSI k7t266 pro (MS-6380)
here is the instructions from manufactorer:
AMI BIOS Flash Procedure
(Special Thanks to Forum Moderator Bas for his valuable contribution)
1. Check your BIOS for BIOS FLASH DISABLED and ENABLE it, some boards have this function.
K7T266 Pro (MS-6380) Â–BIOS setup/chipset setup/BIOS protection/disabled
2. Know Your model number
a. Open your case and look for the MS-XXXX number on the motherboard between the PCI slots, also check the version number that is written there as well. (some motherboards are named like K7T Turbo, make sure you have the right version number)
b. Boot up your system & take a look at the top left screen during POST, you should see something like Â“A6380MS v1.7 122101Â” This means the board is MS-6380 with BIOS version 1.7
Hint: Many systems are clearing this message very fast, the bios version is then unreadable, you can either press Â“PAUSEÂ” or disable the Â“Quick BootÂ” in the BIOS setup.
3. Download the BIOS that matches your motherboard AND version number (some motherboards are named like K7T Turbo, make sure you have the right version number). BIOS can be found according to the CPU type of your board like if your CPU is Intel P4 478 type then look here
if you cannot find the BIOS that matches your board, try here http://www.msi.com.tw/support/bios/more.php
4. Extract the BIOS-archive that you have downloaded by double clicking to c:\test
5. Boot your system from a Win98 or WinME boot-floppy.
How to make boot floppy in case your donÂ’t have it ready:
For Win9X, You can type [C:\ format a:/s] from the DOS prompt.
For WinMe, You can make a boot floppy from control panel--> add/remove program-->make boot floppy. Remove autoexec.bat & config.sys file if there's any.
For Win2000, there's no way to make boot floppy, so you have to either use Win9X or WinME boot floppy.
For WinXP, you can make a DOS boot disk. Go to Your Computer, right click drive A:, select Format, select copy system files.
7. When you get the A:\ prompt, type the following sequence:
C:\test> amifl827 BIOS file
(to save or not to save old BIOS is the userÂ’s decision)
8. Reboot your system when prompted
P.S. If your system doesn't boot after you flashed, please refer to the BIOS recovery method as described http://www.msi.com.tw/support/bios/note.htm
and here is the link to DL the bios im trying to install
(first one on the list)http://www.msi.com.tw/program/support/bios/bos/spt_bos_detail.php?UID=26&kind=1